Monday, July 1, 2013

A moving situation

Because of my secret life I have hidden much of myself from my family and over the years they have learned to obey the rule that they aren't to visit without prior notification.  This took some time but they learned the hard way to obey my wishes as I have been known to refuse to open the door when they arrive.  Little did they know I was usually in heels and a wearing a wig.

The reason they think I don't allow them to visit is because my place is a mess.  I'm not the best housekeeper but as I have become more and more comfortable with who I am, I like to forget that the rest of the world hasn't changed with me and my house has become a refuge from the world.  On any given day women's items can be found all over my house.  Nail polish and nail polish remover is in all my bathrooms.  My closets are full of women's clothes.  I'm sure if you looked under my bed you could find a bra or a pair of panties.

Now some of these things are easy enough to explain but some things like my breast forms or high heels would be impossible.  That's why I've found it easier to keep my family away as I'm not ever planning to let them know about that part of my life but I also refuse to hide my items in my own house.

That brings me to my problem.  I'm in the process of moving and I needed help packing.  I spent most of the last few weeks getting all my secret stuff together and it is now safe in the trunk of my car.  This week my family is helping me move the rest and I've had a few unfortunate surprises.  My brother found a bra under my washing machine.  My mom decided she wanted to do my laundry and found a camisole in my dirty clothes basket.  My sister found the ultraviolet light I use to dry my gel nail polish and asked where I wanted it packed.  It's lucky she has no idea of its use.

My brother joked, "Do we need to talk?" when he found the bra but I blew him off with the comment that it was from an old girlfriend.

Mom never said a word about the camisole which makes me wonder.  Does she know?  I really don't think she does as I have brought up the subject of crossdressing in the past (as recent as two weeks ago) and her reaction has always been over the top hurtful.  I can't believe she'd be that mean to crossdressers if she knew my truth.

Many parents are blind to the truths about their kids and their kids lie about who they are to keep their parents happy.  Of course we both could change.  There are parents that are accepting of their kids no matter who they are and there are kids that aren't afraid to show the world their true nature despite the negative reaction.  That just isn't for me or my family.

One good thing about this situation is it has given me some ideas for a new story though I'm sure the protagonist will have a much more dramatic ending.  My breast forms are safe in the trunk of my car.  His won't be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Perfect Day

 Chapter 1 ========== The leather couch crunched as Brady sat.  A tall man in a white coat looked up from his desk on the other side of the ...